Saturday, March 12, 2011
Letting it go
Well, I think I am finally getting the hang of it. School was making me about want to blow my brains out (not literally). I was ending up frustrated and in tears often (literally). Poor Will, frequently getting an earful about how hard it has been. Thank goodness he has been very patient and helping me through it. It has been really challenging trying to do well in school, be a good mom, a good wife, take care of the house, make dinner, and take time for myself. Do I do all those things now? No, only the important ones. The stress level had built so gigantic I thought I was going to explode last week.This last weekend I have been able to let it go. I am able to see it is okay if I don't get perfect grades. I am able to not constantly worry about school. We are back to the girls and I going and doing fun things and more interaction with each other again. And Will and I enjoy most evenings together that I am not in class. I think I have figured out how to balance it all. The biggest key for me is not to stress! That has been hogging up all my time. So my house suffers. I figure if each room gets cleaned really well once a week I will count it good. We have a couple good dinners a week, and the others Will or I just wing. We are surviving. I have never been able to let housework go before. But I have to now. My girls and Will are the most important things to me, and I need to do well in school so I can do my life's work that I feel I have been called to do. So if you stop by you will most likely always see a heap of clean unfolded laundry on my couch and remnants of last night's dinner on my kitchen floor. But that's okay, because this phase of my life I can't do it all. And I am embracing it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment