Here comes a post from one sleep deprived, irritable, emotional and zombified mama. So our little man made his appearance into this world one week ago. William Wayne Flythe III was born Friday, January 13th at 7:37 PM. He was a week overdue and plump and healthy looking like an overbaked little baby. He was 8 lbs 12 oz and twenty inches long. Here comes the story of his entrance into our lives.
The last two weeks before he was born I was going crazy! Both girls were two weeks early, so I had kind of hoped for the same thing with Liam. I started having contractions on the 23rd of December (two weeks early), so I thought some action was happening, but alas it was not. I had contractions everyday until the day he was born. Some days were even really hard painful ones that I had to breathe through, but still nothing. One night I had regular six minute apart hard contractions for six hours straight. We called up Kari to let her know it might be that night. Well, Kari and Doug decided to come up and get the girls so they wouldn't have to come in the middle of the night. Then those dang contractions stopped. That was embarrassing I'll tell you what. When I went to the doctor a few days later to be checked I was still at a one. I just about cried. All that and nada. So the contractions continued and I thought nothing of them because they were so frequent and meant nothing. I was depressed as all get out last week. Every hour felt like a day of just endless waiting. Friday I woke up in the early morning with hard contractions. They were irregular, so I figured it was nothing. Went in that morning for my checkup and I was at a three and a half! I was sooo happy. The doctor figured I wouldn't make it to my induction date and that made me thrilled. But I didn't expect it would be that day. The contractions somewhat continued. They weren't hard and were sporadic. I took a nap and then Will and went out to the bus stop to get Belle. Contractions still continuing. On the walk back I talked to Belle about going to the church activity that night. By the time we made it in the door those contractions were coming harder. I started timing: 3:30 - 10 minutes apart. They were coming so hard and fast I told Will we gotta go. We called Kari and I was rushing around getting everything ready. They were coming faster and super painful. I told Will I wouldn't make it until Kari got here. So we called up some friends, but there was no answer. We loaded up the girls (Belle throwing a temper tantrum about her seat - and me trying not to freak out at her. Will was freaking out at her. :)) and started driving to their house without a response on the phone. But they fortunately called back on the way and we tossed those girls out at their house and drove like maniacs to the hospital. I thought for sure I was going to have that baby in the truck. By the time we got to the hospital at 4:30 I was already at a 9! It all went so fast. In one hours time I was in hard labor. I kept pushing for an epidural because I remember all too vividly 16 months earlier pushing out Evee and I did not want to go there again. But they were trying to hold me off because I was GBS positive and wanted to get some antibiotics in me first. So they finally got me an epidural and then were just waiting for my water to break. But us Dinkel girls amniotic sacs are made of steel. They do not break. I was at a ten and no breakage. They finally broke it and it was time to push. The doctor and nurse kept saying that boy has a big head. But what they didn't know until he was out was that he was actually sunny side up and that was why he head looked so ginormous. So they said he would have coughed out, but because of the angle I had to push for a half hour. It was so incredible to see him. They put him right on me immediately and I tried to comfort him. It was love at first sight for me. With the girls for some reason I felt surprise when I saw them. Even though I knew I was pregnant, of course, part of it still never registered with me until I actually saw them. But with Liam, it was like, there you are. I love that little boy. All four of us do.
Evee is constantly kissing him or rubbing his head. We have to keep an eye on her though because she wants to nuzzle him or lay on him and she doesn't quite get how gentle she needs to be.
Belle wants to hold him every minute. From the moment she wakes up until "one more time" before she goes to sleep.
His personality is so peaceful, too. I can't believe I have my little boy. I feel like I have been waiting so long for him and he's finally here. I just wish he would sleep a little more. He wakes up every 45 minutes to one hour in the night. This boy does not stop eating, I swear! But last night he did two hour stretches, and I was happy. Anyway, long post, but what is more amazing to a mother than the birth of her child?





Jill,
ReplyDeleteHow cute. Love the story and glad you got that epidural. They are heaven huh? :) Can't wait to meet that little man. Hopefully after this cold passes. I bet Will is thrilled to have a little boy in his arms as well. :)
I'm so happy for you guys! He is so cute! I still can't believe your labor went so fast, that was crazy! So sorry you haven't been sleeping, I wish I could be there to help you right now! Love you :)
ReplyDeleteI was so excited to check your blog and be able to read the story. I LOVE yours pics. What a cute family. Glad he finally arrived!!! :-)
ReplyDelete