Saturday, February 7, 2015

Utah Trip/Belle's Baptism

This post is super duper late, but I LOVE being with my family so much that I want to post it anyway... deal with it! :)

We were thrilled to be able to go back to visit our family in Utah this Christmas break.

Here's us upon arrival at the SLC airport:

Christmas was fun at Nana and Papa's house (Will's parents):






Belle was a bit obsessed with Peanut

Nana and Papa with their grandbabies.
Great Aunt Cathy gave all the kids Alabama sweatshirts.




We spent time at my Dad's house:

Opening presents from Grandpa and Grandma. 
The girls got pearl earrings from the Philippines from their mission.

My sister-in-law and BFF since the 6th grade.

Alisse and Evee

Evee and Braden chillin' with Grandpa.

Maizy and I became buddies. Last time I saw her she was just a baby.

Swimming in the infinity pool was a blast. 

Evee and her cousin, Maddie.

My stepmom Valarie, my sister Angi (her daughter Suzy grinning in the background), and my brother Brad.

Beautiful snowy Ogden Canyon.

We loved being at Mom/Pacca's cabin:

Pacca and Evee

My brothers (the other two to my Three Amigos), Will, and Connor squashing me.

Mom reading the beloved Uncle Remus book that my grandpa used to read to her as a child. She read it in the same silly accent that my grandpa used to read it in. Fond memories.

Making gingerbread houses

Liam and Molly playing in the snow. My sister-in-law, Annalee, aptly named them frenemies.

Will helping the kids with their crafts. He spent several hours each day with the kids making something or other. He definitely earned the name Zach gave him - "the Amazing Will". The kids called him that until the day we left.

These two little cousins are adorable. Liam, Maizy, and Molly were all born in the same year, but so very different from each other.

Evee and her cousin, Stephanie.

Connor buddied up with and watched out for Evee since she was very tiny.
What a good cousin!

Mama snuggling with Liam. All the chaos and noise overwhelmed him, poor guy. But he was fantastic on this trip. All the kids were. Exceptionally so. 

I love this one. I miss my mom like crazy.

Molly doing puzzles with me.

Belle and her cousin, Dallin, sledding.

On New Year's Eve my mom's grouping of cabins had a big bonfire and a little hot dog roasting fire. It was FREEZING, but fun.

Evee instantly loved Uncle Cullen.

Will sledding

Belle, Molly, and I went sledding. We got sprayed in snow. 
Poor Molly hated it because of that.

Will sledding with Evee and Liam

 
My bestie, Kenzie, who is family to me, came all the way down to my mom's cabin to visit us. 

Belle playing with Kenzie's kids - Malea and Isaac (cousins in heart:) ), 
and her two cousins Stephanie and Molly.


My Belle was baptized while we were out there. In our church you can get baptized when you turn 8. Belle wanted to wait to do her baptism until we went to Utah. She said she felt like it was more important to be with family. Belle was born one day after her cousin, Zach. So he waited to do his baptism, too, and they were baptized on the same day.


It was such a special day. I loved looking over the room and seeing so many people who love my daughter there. I was an emotional mess, of course, but so happy for my daughter. As time goes on, I hope she understands the significance of her decision and how it can be such a blessing in her life. I am so grateful for my baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost. I am dependent upon it.

My brother and sister-in-law brought Belle home for a special sleepover and the next day Annalee took her shopping for her tights, shoes, necklace, and headband. She also did her hair so pretty for her special day. She looked like a little angel.

Will baptized Belle.

My brother, Brad, baptized Zach.

The little bow in Belle's hair was crocheted by her Grandma Dinkel. She wore it into the water.

This picture is one of my favorite of the trip. My brothers and I called ourselves the Three Amigos from a goofy movie we loved as kids. We were all born within three years and were best buddies. We each had these three kiddos within a half year of each other, and when we lived in Utah they were buddies, So we have second generation Three Amigos. :)

Mama, my brothers - Cullen, Brad, and Bryan, and I after the baptism.

My Dad, my brothers, and I.

Our family on Belle's baptism day.

 Kenzie came. Belle's middle name comes from Mackenzie because she is someone dear to me.

Belle playing with Maddie (Brad & Alisse's daughter) and Malea (Kenzie's daughter).

Me and my favorite woman in the world.

Alisse and I on our kids' special day. Twenty one years of being best friends. 
I'm pretty lucky that I get to have her as a sister now. A lot of people wish their best friend could be family, and mine came true. :)

Zach and Belle got scriptures from my Mom.

Will's family came to the baptism - which I thought was super awesome and supportive since they aren't even members of our church. The guy who baptized Will into the church also came, which was really neat. He was able to see the second generation baptism of what he did.



One of my favorite parts of the trip was one night my siblings, mom, and us went on a group date. We went to Winger's (which is one of my fav restaurants, but doesn't exist in Maryland), Comedy Sportz, and all squished into my brother Ken's car to get drinks in the drive-thru of Sodalicious. We were silly and had a good time. 

To those of you who actually looked through all those pictures - pat yourself on the back. I am impressed. I don't think I would have done it. :) 
Sorry to probably bore you all, but this post was for me. I love my family and miss them every single day. It eats me up inside. So I am treasuring this trip and want to be able to relive it when I miss them. 











2 comments:

  1. It was fun to see pics from your whole trip! I agree we are definitely "family" in my eyes :) Belle and Zach's baptism day was so neat, I'm glad we were able to be there. I wish we could have spent more time together while you were here though! Hopefully next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to see pics from your whole trip! I agree we are definitely "family" in my eyes :) Belle and Zach's baptism day was so neat, I'm glad we were able to be there. I wish we could have spent more time together while you were here though! Hopefully next time :)

    ReplyDelete