It is the little things that add up and make the biggest difference in the world. One of my favorite scriptures says, "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass" (1Nephi 37:6). You as my readers probably know this by now, but I have such great dreams to change the world. I want to make a difference. I would love to help people learn to love each other a little more. Do I sound like a beauty pageant contestant yet? :)
I am learning as I watch others how the small things have such a big impact and they snowball and grow. I was talking to my neighbor yesterday about how because I have watched her pick up trash and throw it away on her walk I started doing the same, and my children noticed that and with their friend they went out with trash bags and collected trash. People watch when we do good and it can inspire others to do the same just like that woman inspired me.
I watched this video today on my friend's Facebook wall and I became inspired by it.
I showed my daughters who were also inspired. Belle was coming up with plans today to knock on neighbors doors to ask if they need any service done.
At school today a girl in my class, whom I have never talked to before, came up to me after class and told me many wonderful things about myself that she admired. Her candor and sweet complimenting inspired me to want to be open and share real compliments with other people like that. Plus, it made my day.
Doing random acts of kindness get us outside of our own little world and turning toward others. If we are looking for ways to serve others we are focused outwardly. Not only does this help someone else have joy, just like that girl did for me, but it brings joy to us as well. Serving others seems to put things in perspective. Life doesn't seem so hard or complicated when you are serving. To serve others is a service to yourself as well.
When we are serving we are a little kinder and less judgmental with others as well. So spread the love! Do something for yourself and something for someone else today.
No comments:
Post a Comment