I didn't really want it to happen, but here it is happening, and I'm excited all the same. I want the girls to freeze in time. Stop growing up! I remember when Belle was a baby I was so excited for each new phase, encouraging it on. Now here she is, four years old. How did this happen? Now with Evee I realize how fast it all goes and I say, "Slow down, sista!" But she is growing and going through all the phases anyway. She is getting so big. At her last Dr. appt. she was smack dab in the middle for weight and head measurements, and she in the 75% for height. It's so nice having a baby with a little chunk on her. Belle was sooo skinny she hovered in the one digit percentiles for weight. I always worried she would get sick and have no reserves. Now she's still a bean pole, but luckily rarely gets sick. Anyway, Evee can roll from front to back and back to front. But her newest mode of transportation is scooting backwards. It happened out of nowhere! She all the sudden pushed up off her belly when she had never done that before and then moved backward. The next day in the mother's lounge at church I was telling some other mothers that she had done this, and there she went again right then. Two more scoots. Now she does it frequently. She loves to play with toys. She chats at us sometimes in gargle and sometimes in spits, but it's all very cute either way. When she smiles her whole face lights up. She is such a little sweetheart. She loves to snuggle. She gets mad and frustrated when she is trying to sleep if she can't turn her head enough into a blanket of some sorts. She loves to talk to Belle in the back seat of the car. Belle loves Evee and is so good with her. She is so distraught when Evee cries and tries to make her smile and entertain her so she will stop. Their relationship is very sweet. She always tells me, "Mom, you need to come get Evee," if she can tell she needs some attention. Evee is full of love and brings so much joy to our family. I love that little little!
Some funnies on Belle (because it can't really be a blog post without that, right?):
On Sunday we went to some friends' house to watch the superbowl. Well, Belle watched our friend, Jeanna, get a little bath ready for her baby. She told Jeanna she needed to take a bath, too, because "I have scrungalies on my bum. But they're not stinky." I laughed so hard I about cried.Then after the bath was done Belle was in the room while Jeanna was getting her little boy's diaper on. Belle told Jeanna that he has a little penis. Wow! Such an honest little girl! Another friend said, "I hope she is not that honest with her husband!"
Just today Will brought over a girl he was training at his work for lunch and Belle was chatting it up with her. She told her all about her new tights and how you can't see her underwear through them, and proceeded to roll on the ground to show her. Is there a way we can install a filter in this girl? Oh my, children can embarrass you!
Belle loves to take pictures with her new camera.
I noticed a ton of pictures of her own feet. :)


Oh Belle! So funny! Evee is so stinkin' cute Jill! Her eyes are so beautiful. I can't wait to meet her. Her eyes remind me of Kari's eyes.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about freezing time! I have the same anxieties. I really don't want my kids to get old, yet each stage is so fun! There is just so much I want to do with them and see with them, and I feel like I am running out of time. I just love the fact that I am able to be home with them. Being a Stay-at-Home mom is the best thing that has ever happened to me. :)