Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Amazing Belle

Belle is incredible to me. For all the tears and hair pulling she puts me through, that girl amazes me. She is going to be someone who moves mountains and changes the world. I just feel it. She is still very set on being an astronaut and working on the moon when she gets older. She frequently tells people she is going to go to school so she can be an astronaut. I think it is awesome she already wants to go to college. With Will and I both being in school it goes to show that children follow our examples. I just wish I could always set a good one for her. So today I decided to take her to the Air and Space Museum in Washington DC so she could explore a little more. I love living close to the Smithsonian Museums because I feel like I can teach her so many things and she can see the visuals and hands on things they have there and be able to understand a little better. We are very lucky. She loved it. She ate it right up. So interested in everything I would explain to her. That girl loves to learn. She is so curious about the world around her. She wonders about EVERYTHING. For example, on the way home we were listening to a song and she asked me what nearly every line in the song meant. Not the most enjoyable way to listen to music, but I'll tell you what, it sure has made me pay more attention to the kind of music I listen to. If a song even talks about lying, "Mom, that's a bad song." I think she is more of the example to me! Now if only I could get her to not lie. :) Her thought processes amaze me. I am sure I did not think as deeply about things as she does. Today she cracked me up when she said that people who love each other should get married. She told me she was going to marry Steve (her 23 year old cousin) when she grows up. What a funny girl. But the thing she said today that made me the happiest, "Mom, when I grow up I want to be just like you." Every tear and frustration of child rearing is so worth it for moments like that. I love being a mom. Nothing brings me more joy. It is awesome to me to know that my Father in Heaven would trust me with such sweet girls. Girls who are so good for this world they are on. I only hope I can direct them for good, because I know they are destined for greatness.

I was looking through old video clips and thought I would share a cute one of Belle when she was a couple months shy of two. Don't mind my voice. I'm kinda nerdy when I talk to my babies.


2 comments:

  1. Jill-- I found your blog.. only cause you put it on facebook :) I love that post. I love that she is so determined at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post! I seriously love Belle so much, and you are right...she is destined to do great things. In fact, she already has :). All I have to say is your girls are so lucky to have such a great mom :)!

    ReplyDelete